CALL OUT – SOUND TECHNICIAN
CLOSING DATE: 13 FEBRUARY 2023
REPORTING TO SENIOR PRODUCTION MANAGER
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Attending production meetings and giving input where required by giving advice to internal
clients, external clients, and productions on stage equipment and facilities to achieve desired results.
• Advice and identify types of sound equipment to be bought or used for specific productions.
• Setting up and striking sound and backline (Musical) equipment during get-ins, rehearsals,
performances and strikes to ensure that quality of sound is achieved.
• Performing sound and line checks to ensure that quality of sound is achieved prior to the
commencement of the show.
• Managing audio volume and sound quality on rehearsals, productions, and events to ensure that good quality sound is maintained at performances and should be limited to no more than Seven microphones and performances that require a sound engineer.
• Setup and record audio for different productions on stage, for later use.
• Setting up and checking all communications sets and radio communication in the venue to ensure that creatives can communicate and run the show smoothly without interruptions.
• Ensuring that performers are audible during performances and levels are set as determined
by the Director as per point number 5.
• Ensuring that set ups are always clean and safe for performers to avoid injuries.
• Constructing cables that may be used on sound equipment.
• Ensuring that all aspects of the OHS act and other relevant legislation is adhered to.
• Ensuring that all visiting crew, designers etc with access to the stage area are aware of the safety requirements regarding sound.
• Storing all equipment safely to prevent theft, damage, and unauthorised use.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory of available equipment.
• Basic maintenance on equipment and cables that is repairable.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• National Diploma in Performing Arts Technology
• One (1) year experience as Sound Technician
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
• People management skills
• Strong balanced hearing ability
• Team player
• Decision making
• Be able to give briefs.
• Hands on
• Technically inclined.
• Ability to use audio recording softwares.
• Sound reinforcement
• Computer skills
• Ability to focus.