CALL – OUT ICT TECHNICIAN
CLOSING DATE: 02 MAY 2022
REPORTING TO INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) MANAGER
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
The South African State Theatre is looking for a talented and multi-skilled ICT Support Technician to build inhouse ICT capacity. The successful candidate should
have a passion for ICT and solid working experience
supporting various technologies such as Windows
Desktop and Server, Wi-Fi Access Points, Network and
ICT Security, Hyper V Virtualised Environment, Cloudbased Technologies, and onsite ICT Infrastructure.
The ICT Technician should be able to implement ICT
Infrastructure designs, configure, implement, and
maintain the server, storage, and network infrastructure. The candidate will be required to perform various ICT and Event Support functions that enable
the use of evolving technologies that support highly
available Infrastructure in hybrid environments where
on-premises and multi-cloud services are combined
to provide agility and improve service delivery while
supporting the day to day ICT operations.
PLANNING, DESIGN, AND DEVELOPMENT OF ICT INFRASTRUCTURE:
• Ensures that ICT Infrastructure planning and design are in line with the general ICT Strategy.
• Deliver on significant ICT Infrastructure and storage projects.
• Develop a well-informed ICT Infrastructure Support and Maintenance processes and procedures and review ICT Infrastructure technical
policies and SOPs.
• Develop guidelines and end-user training where
required to enable rapid standardised deployments of technology where automation and integration will be utilized.
• Evaluate and review new ICT Infrastructure technologies.
• Maintains SAST Server and Network design.
• Reports on ICT Infrastructure performance
• Ensure day-to-day monitoring and performance of infrastructure components, including servers (Windows), PCs (Windows
and Mac), network, storage, and other
infrastructure components in a heterogeneous environment.
• Ensure that the ICT Asset Register is up to
date and auditable.
• Experience in translating ICT solutions architecting into functional ICT Infrastructure.
• Implement and maintain the server and
network infrastructure as and when required.
• Identify system/service bottlenecks and
single-points-of-failure and develop solutions to meet the strategic needs of SAST